Riddles in the Dark (Hobbit Party Game)
Riddles in the Dark
- Paper Mache Box (from any craft store or online here)
- Grey & Metallic Gold craft paint
- Clear acrylic sealer (I used spray paint)
- Riddles! I made a free PDF printable with the riddles from The Hobbit here.
- I painted my book grey and just added a simple "Riddles in the Dark" with metallic gold paint. Cover the book with a clear coat after the paint has dried.
- Print out or write out your riddles. I have a free PDF you can download here which includes the riddles from The Hobbit here, or you can write your own. :)
- Cut the riddles into strips or notecards, fold them up, and place inside the book box!
How to Play:
- The person with the birthday closest to September 22nd goes first!
- The first player takes a riddle from the box and reads it aloud.
- The first person to answer correctly gets to keep the riddle and gets the box.
- Repeat until all of the riddles are gone.
- Whoever has answered the most riddles at the end wins!
- Optional: if someone answers a riddle incorrectly, they are eaten by Gollum.
- Also Optional: The winner gets a Gold Ring!