Two party games that our little hobbits loved last year were the Mount Doom Bean Bags & The "One Ring" Ring Toss. They were both very simple to make and were fun for little ones of all ages (especially toddlers and preschoolers)!
Mount Doom Bean Bag Toss
*Note, if you have a cornhole set at home, you could also easily modify the boards to look more like Mount Doom! I don't have one though, so I improvised and it worked just fine.
- A Brown or Black Container (plastic tub, cardboard box, etc.)
- One large piece of cardboard/foam board
- Brown and/or Black Paint
- Optional: if you want to get fancy, grab some orange and red paint for the fires of Mount Doom
- Gold Bean Bags (like these, or you can make your own with this tutorial)
Cut your cardboard/foam board into the shape of a mountain and then paint it as such. Tape it to the back side of the bin/tub/box.
"The One Ring" Ring Toss
- One Thread Rack (like this one, but they also have them at Walmart or a craft store)
- Brown Spray Paint
- Large Gold Rings (these are fun because they come in a variety of sizes)
Setting this game up is super simple. Spray the thread rack brown, leave it to dry, and be sure to make up a sign so the children know what to do. To play, have the kids take turns tossing the Rings at the rack. It's an easy and fun game for toddlers & preschoolers especially.