Hobbit Party 2012 (In Dominica!)
This year's Hobbit party was amazing! I am so glad to have made such wonderful friends here in Dominica. Days like today make me especially sad to leave.
As you all know, the most important part of a Hobbit Party is the food. We went all out getting ready for this party, and the end result was an amazing feast of glorious goodies!
- Super chocolatey "Mount Doom" cupcakes!
- Mini strawberry & blueberry muffins
- Turkey and Ham mini sandwiches! I put them in the oven for a few minutes before we ate so that the cheese would be all melted and the bread would be toasted. They were amazing! I used the sweet Hawaiian rolls so they were a perfect blend of sweet and salty.
- A delicious blueberry pie that I found in the freezer aisle at IGA
- My mini sandwiches, a biscuit, and an amazing bowl of vegetable soup made by Mitzi!
- A delicious pastry puff topped with peach slices, strawberries and whipped cream.
The view from the Loys' balcony is amazing. You can basically see all of Picard (the area where we live) and a lot of Portsmouth as well! If I lived at their house, I would probably never ever go inside.
The Friends & The Fun
We had a ton of fun at our party, though none of it was actually Hobbit related (other than the massive amount of food we ate). We had "The Fellowship of the Ring" playing on the TV, which Liz's two sons seemed to enjoy. Apparently it was their first time seeing the films, which made me get all nostalgic and sappy and I kept accidentally giving parts of the movie away and feeling really bad afterwards. I sat and watched for a bit of the movie, but nobody else was quite as nerdy as me so I ended up joining in on the conversation back at the table. We also played a few super fun games. I can't remember their names but they were similar to a mixture of Taboo and Guesstures, where you can't say a specific word and your team has to guess what you're trying to describe. Anyways, my team won 2 out of 3 of the games so I'm feeling pretty good about that! (Take that, Mitzi & Crystine!)
At the end of the party, I gave Liz all of my baking stuff. It was kind of a sad feeling to know that I am done baking on this island, but it was also really awesome to have a friend to pass all my things onto, and I'm also excited to come home. It is finally setting in that I am about to leave.