Last weekend, I hosted my very first Blessed Brunch! Blessed Brunches are such an easy and beautiful way to bring other Catholic women in my community together through Blessed is She, so I wanted to share a little bit about what ours looked like and ideas for how you can host your own!Read More
As I've been reflecting on baby names and trying to decide on a name for our newest little one, I've been putting together this list of Tolkienian baby names to share with all of you! This list is in no way exhaustive, but I've included all of the names that I thought would be nice for a little hobbit lad or lass in case you're also searching for one. I've tried to add name meanings and a bit about each name, but if I've made any errors please let me know as I am certainly not an expert in Tolkien etymology. Also, if you have any more suggestions you'd like to see added to the list, please leave a comment below…Read More
“Eat little at a time, and only at need. For these things are given to serve you when all else fails. The cakes will keep sweet for many many days, if they are unbroken and left in their leaf-wrappings, as we have brought them. One will keep a traveler on his feet for a day of long labour, even if he be one of the tall men of Minas Tirith.” -The Fellowship of the RingRead More
About a year ago, I started gathering up prints from a few of my favorite small shops in hopes of putting together a little gallery wall. And whenever I manage to keep this space clean, it quickly becomes my favorite place in the house to sit and write. I posted a photo of the wall on Instagram the other day and a few of you asked for the sources as well as more photos of the prints themselves, so I thought I'd write it all out here!
I don't have any tips for planning a gallery wall, other than just doing whatever you want (usually my life motto). We're living in a rental so it's pretty low-pressure when it comes to hanging artwork, I'm not worried about how something will look for 10+ years. There's a pretty great tutorial over at At Home with Natalie if you're interested.
Gallery Wall Sources
"Patience is the companion of Wisdom." - Saint Augustine (by Rose Harrington Prints, formerly known as Hatch Prints Shop)
- "Be who God meant you to be & you will set the word on fire." - Saint Catherine of Sienna (by Just Love Prints on Etsy)
- Hail Mary Print (by Brick House in the City)
- "I am not afraid. I was born to do this." - Saint Joan of Arc (by Telos Art)
- "And life reigns." - Saint John Chrysostom (by Rose Harrington Prints, formerly known as Hatch Prints Shop)
- "We love because he first loved us." - John 4:19 (by Just Love Prints on Etsy)
- "Love begins at home." - Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta (by Just Love Prints on Etsy)
- "Behold, the wood of the Cross, on which is hung our Salvation."
- "I am not afraid, I was born to do this." - Saint Joan of Arc (by Rose Harrington Prints, formerly known as Hatch Prints Shop)
- "Love never fails." (By Frameable Faith, a Catholic Print Subscription Service)
- "God walks among the pots and pans." - Saint Teresa of Avila (by Brick House in the City)
- "Be on guard, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." - 1 Corinthians 16:13 (By Erica Tighe of Be a Heart Design)
Our family visited Coxhall Gardens in Carmel, Indiana, on a little adventure a couple of days ago. It was quite a drive from our little corner of Indiana but we had been wanting to explore different parts of this beautiful state, and I'm so glad we came across this park! It is one of the most beautiful parks I've been to, and the Children's Garden reminded me so much of a little hobitton. If you are ever in the area, I definitely recommend stopping by for a visit with your little ones.Read More